Sumo war is a combat robotics championship, where two custom‐built machines use varied methods of destroying or disabling the other . Sumo war promises to be an ultimate battlefield where the bots fight for life, and in the end it is going to be “Survival Of The Fittest’’. Here at Sumo war, we bring forth you Darwin’s Theory Of Natural Selection being applied to the non‐living. When all the bots perish into the grave it would be one bot that stands up to all the challenges to become the ultimate combat bot.
The machine should fit in a box of dimension 300mm x 300mm x 450mm (l x b x h) at any given point during the match. The external device used to control the machine or any external tank is not included in the size constraint. The total weight of the robot including all the accessories and the power source should be no more than 15 Kg. The weight of external compressor and/or cylinder in case of pneumatics or hydraulics will NOT be included. Thickness of the material which is used as an armour to protect parts of bot should not exceed 5 mm.
The machine can be powered electrically only. Use of an IC engine in any form is not allowed. Batteries must be sealed, immobilized-electrolyte types.The electrical voltage at any point of time in the machine should not exceed 24 V.Use of damaged, non-leak proof batteries may lead to disqualification. Special care should be taken to protect the on-board batteries. You have to bring your own batteries. Change of battery will not be allowed during the match.
1. The aim of every match is to demolish and immobilise the other bot completely.
2. Duration of each match will be 5 minutes.
3. Maximum of 2 time outs of 30 seconds each are allowed during which teams can relocate their bots, but are not allowed to make any changes in the bot.
4. Striking should be done to the body parts only, communication cable or motor should not attacked. Direct hit to the motors and communication cable of the opponent’s bot is not allowed.
5. If communication cables of both bots get entangled and both bots can’t move, then time out will be given to both teams to straighten wires and bots will be placed back in same positions.
6. If after completion of both the rounds, no bot is able to demolish the other bot, winner will be selected after evaluating the damage incurred to both the bots.
7. Any change in the rules by the judge shall be intimidated to the teams in the event arena.